£70000 - £85000 per annum + Company Benefits
over 1 year ago
* Locations: Basildon, Bristol, Edinburgh, Lincoln, Luton, Southampton or Yeovil
* Flexible with home working
* Role type: Permanent
* Salary: £75-85k
* Clearance: SC Cleared role (Must either hold clearance or be eligible)
You will propose and evaluate alternative technical approaches to delivering prime contract capability and systems to the customer.
Generate white papers to shape thinking within the stakeholder community.
Develop the solution architecture for optimum cost effectiveness and URD compliance
Develop a combination of systems and software solutions.
Produce candidate system architectures and derive requirements at all system levels
Work with the Bid & Project Manager to estimate the cost of solutions.
Perform cost benefit analysis of system component development verses COTS procurement.
Contribute to the development of Enterprise Architectures for Major campaigns and programmes.
What we are looking for:
University degree - essential
Chartered engineer - desirable
UK SC clearance
It is Essential that you have:
* Significant experience developing communications and/or vehicle mission systems based architectures, products and systems, throughout the full lifecycle
* Experience of dealing with customers at a senior technical level
* Experience of estimating costs & technical risk for each solution approach
It would be highly desirable if you had:
* Experience of full CADMID life cycle for product and system development - concept through to disposal
* Experience of military electronic systems including an understanding of interoperability, scenarios & customer needs
* Knowledge of military communications architecture[s] & principles
* Experience of military command and control networks in the Land and Maritime context
* Experience of the methodology & production of the engineering documentation necessary to support a competitive tender
We will require you to:
* Have the ability to understand customer's business / technical needs and the ability to translate them into a technical solution, using language that customers can understand
* Possess Excellent problem solving & innovation skills
* Have the passion & ability to drive the organisation to achieve short term goals and long term strategy
* Empower others
* Be Motivating & excellent at communicating
* Challenge & continuously improving