£40000 - £55000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Location: Plymouth Devon
£40,000 - £55,000
A cutting-edge organisation who are specialises within surveillance, tracking and gunfire control are currently seeking a Systems Engineer to assist in all phases across the complete systems engineering lifecycle. You will mainly focus on the design phase so will have opportunity to work with the wider engineering teams solve problems and improve designs.
Key Accountabilities - Systems Engineer
- Heading the specification, architectural design, and verification and validation of projects, including Safety Cases.
- Employing practical skills in design techniques for defence and commercial applications, understanding key process tools and technologies.
- Creating block diagrams, detailed design drawings and supporting calculations.
- Conducting Practical evaluation of new and emerging technologies.
- Working beside the design team to manage design changes and solve problems on complex systems.
- Assist with the improvement of the Safety Case for Systems.
- Collaborate with customers to assist integration, commissioning and problem resolution activities.
Skills and Knowledge - Systems Engineer
- A strong academic background with a degree in a relevant engineering discipline is required
- Proven technical knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle, including requirements management, system design process (including system and sub-system specification) and product validation and verification.
- Complex problem solving with the ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation and evidence system-level thinking
- Worked in a highly regulated environment before (Aerospace, Marine, Defence etc)
Click "Apply Now" to find out more!