£33000 - £70000 per annum
14 days ago
A member of the Systems Engineering function, this role ensures programme work is delivered on time, budget and to the required scope through robust plans. The Defence Systems Engineering Team helps drive the other functions through the Project Lifecycle from Customer needs to Validation (and closeout).
* Conduct all systems engineering activities.
* Produce/review project technical documentation
* Prepare for and successfully deliver key design reviews (PDR/CDR)
* Technical management of suppliers, ensuring requirements and design baselines are maintained.
* Reviewing and challenging technical documentation received
* Support/Lead reviews with the Customer and key suppliers.
* Ensuring adequate integration with other engineering functions involved in the delivery of the programme
* Ensure all responsibilities are delivered in accordance with Company Standards of Conduct and contractual processes.
* Have awareness of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
TECHNICAL/JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS
* Degree-qualified in a relevant engineering / technical subject (e.g. electrical engineering or similar)
* 3-5 years' experience in a systems engineering role
* Experience of systems requirements management
* Knowledge of System Engineering models and techniques.
* Able to work with people effectively at all levels, using well-developed influencing and interpersonal skills
* Able to use logical and creative thinking to solve problems and make decisions
* Able to deal with internal and external customers in a professional way
* Team player, and can create, develop and maintain productive working relationships
* Strong IT skills, specifically with MS Office products.
* Knowledge of requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS or similar)
* Knowledge navigation specific standards (e.g. IEC 60945, 61162, 61174)
* Familiar with military environmental standards (e.g. DEF STAN 00-35, 59-411)
* Knowledge and experience of safety critical systems (SIL 2 / 3)
* Experience of conducting EMC/Vibration/Shock qualification testing with external test houses
* INCOSE Associate/Chartered Systems Engineering Professional
* Travel requirements: Occasional UK travel may be required to attend team/customer meetings and training activities
* Clearance requirements: Post-holder must hold and maintain UK Government clearances where required