£65,000 - £85,000 per annum
As a Technical Architect you will have expertise in analysing and developing technical architectures and will have an understanding of the technologies and operational processes required to achieve this. You will be supported by others providing, and may also find yourself providing, high-value strategy, business analysis, technology and procurement consultancy to ensure any solution aligns with the business objectives across the capability requirement. You will also be expected to provide authoritative advice on likely future technology developments and routes to exploit these.
You will typically work on the client's site co-located with other project members, who may include the client's own staff, team members and other suppliers. Due to the nature of customer side working, regular travel within the UK should be expected.
Technical Architect on an implementation project responsible for defining the end-to-end architecture; this includes the Information Architecture, Application Architecture and Infrastructure views;
Technical Design Authority - with responsibilities for the definition, assurance and governance of supplier solutions;
Solution definition on large-scale IT projects with responsibilities for defining complex technical requirements and evaluating the supplier response;
Technical Leadership - leading teams of developers.
Qualifications and Experience
Experience within the UK Public Sector is desirable, on enterprise solutions. Our position as a client side advisor means that strong influencing and personal skills are essential. The fast moving nature with the need to resource multiple, ad-hoc assignments also requires the individual to be intellectually agile, proactive and self-motivated - with the ability to apply a structured approach to often unfamiliar subject matter.
At least two years' experience of complex ICT systems in a technical delivery or consulting capacity;
A good understanding of enterprise information and communications technology;
The ability to present and justify conclusions to project teams and business stakeholders;
Proven abilities in delivering to client expectations and requirements;
Strong verbal and written communications skills.
The following experience would be beneficial for the role:
- Project and programme management methods, e.g. PRINCE2, MSP;
- Architecture frameworks and methods e.g. TOGAF, MODAF, Zachman Framework;
- Business or systems analysis methods and tools, e.g. Lean, RUP, BPMN, SysML;
- Software development methods and techniques;
- Central government information security policy standards / ISO17799;
- Public sector best practice guidance, e.g. ITIL, OGC toolkit;
- Business case development to Treasury guidelines.
- Defence, Intelligence, logistics or Command and Control
- Cyber Security;
- Technical Operations;
- ICT Infrastructure;
- ICT Enterprise and Technical Architecture development and review;
- Large scale information and communications technology procurement;
- Service Management.