£37000 - £44000 per annum
8 months ago
Up to £44,000
Based in Denham, Uxbridge
An exciting opportunity to join a high precision engineering company, most recognised for being a global manufacturer of aircraft ejection seats and related equipment. This organisation is seeking a Technical Instructor in the Product and Engineering Support department.
In this role you will be responsible for conducting training courses for maintenance personnel on all company products at all levels, up to and including equipment overhaul.
There is flexibility for hybrid working, but please note all training must be done face-to-face either onsite or at customer sites. This role also includes national and international travel - the minimum length is typically 1 week, the maximum length is typically 4 weeks.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Conduct training courses onsite or at customer locations.
- Sourcing information and carrying out course preparation administration, including but not limited to, lesson plans, presentations and assessments.
- Day to day course administration and the generation of post course reports.
- Maintenance and control of tools and Ground Support Equipment required to conduct training.
- Maintenance and control of training hardware and components required to conduct training courses
- Identify, develop and implement improvements to training materials and methods of instruction.
- Design course material as required.
- To undertake and deliver any other formal training in-house or external relevant to the job and adopt modern practices within the Department.
- Provide assistance to Product & Engineering Support and the Design Office with identification and improvement of tools, test and support equipment required for product maintenance.
- Support the customer, problem solving and advising as required.
- Support of the Product & Engineering Support department in assisting with aircraft/ejection seat mishap investigation and supporting the activities of the Field Service Engineers.
- The job holder would be expected to gain a broad understanding of company products - this could take 18 months due to the range of products that an instructor would work on. Prior experience with company products would be of benefit, but is not an essential requirement
- Aerospace background gained in either civil or military environment would be beneficial
- Instructional qualification (DIT, PTLLS, EAT 3)
- HNC engineering or significant engineering employment
- Use of hand tools and testing equipment
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Use of CAD software would be desirable
- Use of animation software would be desirable
To apply, click 'APPLY NOW' and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch, should you have suitable experience.