Technical Support 2nd Line - IT Services
6 Month contract
£400-450 per day Outside IR35
Our purpose is to use the power of communication to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities.
You are part of a multi skilled System Admin team providing 2nd and 3rd Line technical support to the IUS Voice and Video Services. You as the role holder are to ensure that the security and integrity of the IUS Voice and Video Services are maintained in line with the IUS SyI.
- You can make the difference by Mentoring and transferring your knowledge across the team.
- Use the power of communication to keep your users informed of any changes to the systems.
Key Purpose of Role
- To maintain the NMS systems for the IUS data platforms so that they remain serviceable and secure for the NMS users.
- To complete day to day management of platform specific provision & repair activities.
- To provide on call technical support in the event of NMS failure or to support business continuity.
- To provide business continuity reports to the Operations Manager.
- To ensure that the security & integrity of the IUS data Services are maintained in line with the IUS SyI
- To provide 2nd and 3rd Line technical support to the IUS data Services.
- To assist & support ongoing Service Desk operations.
- To assist the IUS Operations manager in establishing, maintaining & improving support systems, local procedures.
- Responsible for the Security of customer information, complying with and implementing the IUS System Security Policy
- Enforcing and practice Fair trading Policy & Regulatory compliance requirements
- Maintain your awareness of safety policies & carry out regular reviews of your working environment to ensure that it remains safe.
- To work with the IUS Service Designers, bringing to attention any breach in security or compromise in the integrity of the data Platform.
- As the System Admin you are to ensure a list is maintained of all items of hardware utilised on the service within your area of responsibility. This IUS service shall include but are not limited to the following:
- LAN Switches, Infrastructure and cabling;
- All Servers at both data Centres including ancillary's
- Keep a record of all DPKI certificates, revocation lists and expiry dates
- You are responsible for ensuring all hardware, Operating Systems and application software configurations are maintained in accordance with the technical design for the Service and the manufactures instructions so as to minimise potential vulnerabilities. You are to ensure that any changes within the service has been approved by the IUS Operational Change board prior to making any live changes.
For this role you will require DV clearance and be competent in most but not necessarily all of the following:
- Administer Windows servers and virtual servers
- CUCM for users and end devices paying particular attention to labelling,
- CISCO CUBE's
- CISCO Conductors
- VCS-c and VCS-e
- CISCO switches and Juniper Switches
- CISCO ASA - Gateway Firewalls
- CISCO Routers and Juniper Routers
- VMware vCentre and VMware ESXi
- Diamond IP
- CISCO ISE
- F5 GTM and F5 LTM
- Gelmalto HSM Firmware and Luna OS
- Nessus Scanning