£25000 - £35000 per annum
2 months ago
Technical Support Engineer
£25,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience)
Monday - Friday - Full time (8.45am - 5pm)
One of the UK's leading suppliers of high-end sterilisation and quality process equipment is now recruiting for a Technical Support Engineer to join their friendly technical support team, based in the Redhill, Surrey area.
They are a prestigious, niche business working exclusively with 3 Italian manufactures who work with a number of high-status pharmaceutical organisations carrying service, repair and installation on sterile process equipment such as steam sterilisers, isolators and steam generators.
Responsibilities - Technical Support Engineer - Redhill
As the technical support engineer, you will be predominantly office-based (80%) providing technical support to customers or supporting internal field engineers with occasional travel to customer sites if the business require extra support in the field.
- Provide competent, attentive and timely technical support to both customers and other company employees. This will be a mixture of remote (online/phone) and face to face support
- Attend customer sites to perform technical interventions as and when required
- Daily updating of technical support jobs on our service management system
- Generating technical reports and reviewing the reports of others
- Take care of the day to day care of the companies site work equipment e.g. receive and prepare for shipping, perform regular inspections, safety tests, cleaning, make repairs and identify the need for replacement parts and calibration
- Keep the site work equipment register up to date and liaise with site work administrators and job owners to ensure equipment is ready and available for use on site
- Provide cover for the technical helpdesk as and when requested by the Technical Support Lead
Requirements - Technical Support Engineer - Redhill
- Experience of working in a customer focused/facing role
- Confident, excellent communication both verbal and written
- Able to read electrical drawings and piping drawings
- Software/interface controller experience
- Able to read data sheets, interpret manuals.
- Experienced in replacing circuit boards.
- HND or equivalent in a technical engineering discipline; electrical, mechanical, aeronautical, aviation, chemical, physics, software etc.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus (paid in November)
- Discretionary performance bonus (paid in January)
- Tools & uniform
- 25 days holiday per annum (3-4 to be taken during annual Christmas shutdown)
Additional package when out in the field:
- Lunch allowance (£5 per day)
- Overnight stay allowance @ £20/night away from home
- Expensed travel (guided by company policy)
- Overtime paid at 1.5x (for weekly hours above 45 inclusive of door to door travel)
To apply for this exciting opportunity please click APPLY NOW to begin your application.