Connecting...

W1siziisijiwmtgvmtivmtmvmdkvmjmvmjqvmzm2l2vuz2luzwvyaw5nmi5qcgcixsxbinailcj0ahvtyiisijiwmdb4nzawiyjdxq
Job

Technical Support Engineer - Electronics

  • Job ref:

    1168033/001_1547827448

  • Location:

    Wickford, Essex

  • Sector:

    Field Service Engineer

  • Job type:

    Permanent

  • Salary:

    £29000 - £37000 per annum

  • Contact:

    Zoe Setterfield

  • Contact email:

    zsetterfield@cbsbutler.com

  • Published:

    29 days ago

Technical Support Engineer - Electronics

Essex

A global leading organisation specialising in the design and manufacture of highly complex industrial microscopes, are seeking a technical support engineer to be based at their headquarters in Essex.

Key duties/responsibilities:

  • Manage the microscopy product portfolio
  • Carry out electronic service and repair when necessary
  • Provide engineering support to field service engineers across the UK (estimated 30% of the time)
  • Be a technical resource to territory managers, customers, in-house staff and engineers
  • Provide technical support to customers via telephone, email etc.
  • Conduct risk analysis on contracts looking at costings, pricing etc.
  • Liaise sales team for market feedback and presenting findings to management team
  • Maintaining work instructions, documents, accreditations and database

Requirements:

  • Previous experience of working in a technical support/service environment
  • Background of working in any of the following industries Microscopy, Aerospace, Defence, Medical, Oil & Gas, Automotive etc.
  • ONC or equivalent in Electronics
  • Strong communication both written and verbal
  • Must be customer focused
  • UK driving license (70% office based with the other 30% travelling across the UK, a pool car would be provided)

Package/benefits:

  • £29,000 - £37,000 basic salary
  • Private pension
  • On-site day nursery
  • Free company coach
  • Subsidised staff restaurant
  • Free on-site parking
  • Free annual health check
  • Hampers at Christmas!
  • Clocking in system to earn time back in lieu with the potential to accrue up to an extra 3 days leave per quarter (12 per year)
  • 23 days' holiday + bank
  • Promotion/progression opportunities
  • Working hours - 40 per week (Monday - Friday)