Technical Support Engineer - Electronics
A global leading organisation specialising in the design and manufacture of highly complex industrial microscopes, are seeking a technical support engineer to be based at their headquarters in Essex.
- Manage the microscopy product portfolio
- Carry out electronic service and repair when necessary
- Provide engineering support to field service engineers across the UK (estimated 30% of the time)
- Be a technical resource to territory managers, customers, in-house staff and engineers
- Provide technical support to customers via telephone, email etc.
- Conduct risk analysis on contracts looking at costings, pricing etc.
- Liaise sales team for market feedback and presenting findings to management team
- Maintaining work instructions, documents, accreditations and database
- Previous experience of working in a technical support/service environment
- Background of working in any of the following industries Microscopy, Aerospace, Defence, Medical, Oil & Gas, Automotive etc.
- ONC or equivalent in Electronics
- Strong communication both written and verbal
- Must be customer focused
- UK driving license (70% office based with the other 30% travelling across the UK, a pool car would be provided)
- £29,000 - £37,000 basic salary
- Private pension
- On-site day nursery
- Free company coach
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free on-site parking
- Free annual health check
- Hampers at Christmas!
- Clocking in system to earn time back in lieu with the potential to accrue up to an extra 3 days leave per quarter (12 per year)
- 23 days' holiday + bank
- Promotion/progression opportunities
- Working hours - 40 per week (Monday - Friday)