about 2 years ago
Technical Test Analyst
500 per day
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Test Analyst to join a technical team on a secure client site and be responsible for the analysis and design, implementation and execution of technical tests. An additional but significant element of this role will be one of enhancing specialist testing skills, technical skills and gaining the commercial experiences necessary to successfully achieve customer satisfaction criteria and contractual obligations, supporting account teams and clients. You should have attain a good understanding of software testing and providing rudimentary technical insight into a single or a range of specialist domains and you will be part of a specialist team engaged in similar activities. This involves responding to analysis and design, test implementation and execution activities, issues or circumstances, and referring any unusual or non-routine activities to more senior members of the team. You should preferably hold advanced Government clearance for this role.
- Deliver work to agreed estimates and timescales.
- Mentor junior members of the test team.
- Apply Testing Processes using RightTestingTM or client processes
- Provide rudimentary domain knowledge to support delivery in specialized areas of testing.
- Produce Test Plans for simple testing requirements, seeking clarification about requirements where required and contribute to overall Test Plans for more complex requirements.
- Develop detailed Test Cases and Test Scripts, including expected results, for simple requirements, in line with the Test Strategy.
- Create test data for simple testing requirements.
- Execute testing with support if required on more complex scenarios.
- Document and verify test results.
- Raise and record details of incidents encountered during testing.
- Use testing tools.
- Produce Test Reports for simple testing requirements and contribute to overall Test Reports for moderate requirements and ensure best practice information is captured for continuous improvement.
- Report progress and issues in a timely manner as defined in the Test Plan and the agreed team organization. In particular, to relay issues that might impact on quality or the ability to complete tests according to plan and to proactively seek appropriate solutions.
- Maintain and develop knowledge, skills and competencies in testing process and tools.
Essential skills & experience
- Experience of working as a Technical Test Analyst within solutions integration programmes / projects
- Able to articulate and demonstrate a good understanding of:
- Why Testing Is Necessary / What Testing Is
- The Seven Principles of Testing / The Fundamental Test Process
- The Psychology Of Testing
- Gain an understanding of, and is able to articulate:
- Test Management: Responsibilities for the Test Analyst
- Test Techniques / Testing Software Quality Characteristics
- Reviews / Defect Management / Test Tools
- Demonstrable experience of one or more of the programmes listed below:
- Any - HP ExpertOne Programme Certification
- Any - Oracle Certified Professional
- Any - SAP Certified Application Associate
- Any - Microsoft Certified Professional
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience using two or more software engineering tools, techniques, methods, in accordance with recognised standards, specifically:
- SQL (for example; production of basic scripts to query a relational database)
- MS Excel (for example; basic dataset querying and data build)
- PL/SQL, C, VB, or Java (for example; construction of simple procedures and functions to administrate, or drive
- HP ALM, HP QC (for example; test implementation, execution and reporting)