Location: West Sussex
Salary: Up to £35,000
Role of Test Engineer- West Sussex
A market leading Engineering / Manufacturing company are seeking Test Engineer to provide test engineering capability and expertise to support development of a low cost , next generation products. Working closely with development engineering and scientists to take test objectives and develop & execute test plans rigorously , and to tight timescales.
Key Accountabilities of Test Engineer - West Sussex
- Provide test data and test capability in the development of products
- Support development activities of development Scientists
- Identifying opportunities for test automation to improve test resource utilisation
- Review data and present findings and recommendations to test requestors and managers
- Testing Products
- Risk Assessments
- Test Design ( DoE )
- Instrumentation definition
- Test hardware installation , test stand modifications , and test sequence coding
- Data analysis
- Fault finding
- Report writing
- Improvement projects
Skills and Experience for Test Engineer - West Sussex
- BSc/MSc or BEng/MEng level in Mechanical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Physics or Electrical / Electronic engineering or similar
- Good theoretical understanding and practical experience of electronics , electrical diagrams etc.
- Good theoretical and practical understanding of metrology and sensor technology such as thermocouples , flow controllers , pressure transducers etc
- Experience of LabView and VisualBasic
- Good understanding of engineering fundamentals particularly within heat Transfer /
- Thermodynamics and fluid dynamics
- Good theoretical understanding and practical experience of analytical and statistical software tools ( MATLAB etc ).
- Quick learner, passionate, "can-do" attitude
- Methodical , attention to detail
- Able team worker ( good communication skills , open-minded, collaborative etc ).
If you are interested in this role please 'APPLY NOW'