£28000 - £38000 per annum
12 days ago
Up to £38,000 basic (dependent on experience)
Based in Hayes, Middlesex
Must be eligible for SC clearance
An exciting opportunity to join a world leading manufacturer of advanced protection systems used within the defence industry. This organisation is seeking a Test Engineer to join their busy team based in Hayes, Middlesex.
In this role you will be supporting the Test Manager in the day-to-day activity, carrying out duties relating to the testing and fault finding of High Voltage Power Supplies and RF testing of technologically advanced equipment.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Testing High Voltage Switch Mode Power Supplies and Travelling Wave Tubes having output voltages of up to 35kV.
- Fault Finding High Voltage Power Supplies down to component level.
- Carrying out of RF testing on S, C, X, Ku and millimetric band TWTs.
- Testing to both commercial and military specifications as required.
- Carrying out tests on TWTAs of using Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analysers, RF Power Meters, RF Signal Generators, Pulse Generators etc.
- Carrying out Environmental Stress Screening tests, including vibration, altitude and operational temperature cycling.
- Supporting the Test Manager and Test Supervisor in planning and supervising workloads, achievement of schedule activity against production test plans, identification of bottlenecks, resource and quality issues in conjunction with: Test Manager (Operations)/Test Supervisor (Tubes), Production Manager, Production Supervision, Programme Management Team and/or the Engineering team
- RF/TWT Test/High Voltage/Switched Mode Power Supply experience
- Relevant qualifications in RF/Electrical/Electronics/Physics i.e. a degree, City & Guilds etc. or Mechanical Engineering qualification
- Mechanical knowledge/skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and email applications
To apply, click 'APPLY NOW' and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch, should you have suitable experience.