CDI - 1201022_1664372214
Up to £600 per day
2 months ago
Job title: Test Engineer
Location: Newport/Hybrid (3 days per week on site)
Contract: 6 months+
Rate: £600 per day inside ir35
I am looking for a Test Engineer for a client of mine who are an IT systems Integrator operating within the UK defence sector.
Responsibilities of this position also includes planning, monitoring, and coordinating IV&V tasks. IV&V services to be provided include the review of all project artefacts, analysis of product development processes, code review gate reviews, meeting support, and all testing as required for VETSNET and BGS.
- Identify and distil functional requirements from complex specification documents
- Develop formal test assets including Mapped Requirements Documents, Requirements Traceability Matrices, and Test Procedures
- Design SQL queries to obtain or update data
- Design and develop UNIX based automated test scripts
- Design and develop SQL queries and/or PL/SQL procedures to be used for automated testing
- Execute UNIX based automated test scripts and PL/SQL procedures
- Perform results analysis required to validate functional behaviour conforms to requirements
- Software testing experience
- Experience and working knowledge of UNIX based automated testing techniques, SQL queries, and PL/SQL procedures
- Experience and working knowledge of testing tools such as JIRA
- Strong test experience, ideally a period of which is in systems and\or integration testing of IT solutions
- Demonstrable Testing experience with IT Infrastructure, including ensuring security controls have been correctly applied and configurations have been correctly applied to network components
- Excellent understanding of the Testing Lifecycle and the different types of testing such as Functional and Integration Testing.
- Demonstrable Systems Integration experience including integrating 3rd party systems or components.
- Experience of creating Test Cases based on requirements and design documents.
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply, please feel free to reply to this advert or call me on 01737 821029 or 07766 512829