£35 - £55 per hour
about 2 months ago
5 month contract - up to £50 per hour
Based in Yeovil
**Given the short-term length of this assignment there is a potential substantial bonus at end of contract**
A leading provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft and aviation operations is looking for a Test Engineer to join their friendly, fast paced design team working remotely.
In this role, you will be responsible for development and test engineering activities associated with mechanical systems and components, facility upgrades, data acquisition and instrumentation.
Responsibility will be across the Life Support System, Environmental Control System and Hydraulics product lines at both component and system level.
- Flow down of customer and company requirements into test documentation and procedures.
- Test rig design and build in line with applicable requirements and standards.
- Execution of qualification and development testing.
- Gathering and analysis of engineering test data using data acquisition (DAQ) systems.
- Accurate and legible documenting of test results within applicable test reports.
- Acting as a mentor to junior engineers and apprentices to ensure continued development within the test team.
- Using technical expertise to advise project teams and leadership during design reviews and product investigations.
- Assisting in product fault diagnosis and manufacturing/production test issues.
- Identifying opportunities and planning for facility upgrade projects (Capital).
- Adherence to the safe systems of work and relevant departmental and company work instructions is paramount in this position.
- Ensuring test facilities meet HS&E requirements.
- Degree within a mechanical or electronics engineering discipline OR equivalent qualification.
- Working knowledge of CAD software (NX, Solid works, AutoCAD or similar)
- An engineering background and strong knowledge of mechanical engineering principles.
- Experience of electronic circuit design and pneumatic schematical design is desired.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical information effectively
- Competent in the standard Microsoft office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong analytical mind and attention to detail.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.