Coventry, West Midlands
over 2 years ago
A leading R&D automotive consultancy are now looking for a Tool Design Engineer to join them on a contract basis (Maternity cover 9 months+). Ideally, they are looking for a Catia V5 user skilled in surface modelling of stamped / pressed sheet metal components. Any press tool experience, cooled tools / hot stamping tools is an advantage.
Within this role you will:
- Modify part designs to suit forming requirements
- Generate drawings for blanks for production release
- Take the assessment to a design review to agree an approach to part modification if this is required plus the tool process that will be utilised
- Modify the part as agreed using Catia V5
- Generated tool surfaces from the modified part to suit the agreed tool process
- Generate a blank shapes
- Undertake modifications to the above to support simulation iterations
APPLY NOW for further information.