Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
11 months ago
Transition Manager - DV Cleared
£Neg per day Outside IR35
6 months + Contract
To own and deliver projects, ensuring that they conform to customer and our company's time, cost, quality and revenue specifications and serve their wider business objectives.
To plan, direct and coordinate activities to manage and implement interrelated components of complex projects from contract/proposal initiation to final operational stage.
1. Understand business requirements and nuances of the project as they relate to relevant sectors, customers and key service offerings.
2. Participate in sales campaigns to demonstrate delivery capability to clients including promoting our business processes and IT outsourcing services with clients and developing relationships that are transferable into sales opportunities.
3. Support business development activity by leading the overall solution design, program shaping and business case creation, including systems architecture, cost, commercial and contractual viability and identification of risk levels.
4. Ensure that all projects are appropriate constructed, planned (including agreeing scope, deliverables and outcomes with the customer and our company), monitored and delivered in the time frame expected by the customer and the commercial team
5. Work with the Sales, Bid, Technical, Finance and Commercial teams to identify and drive the best commercial delivery option and to manage delivery within agreed tolerances ensuring all parties are fully aware of actual versus forecast costs including potential under and over spends.
6. Record and deliver customer's quality expectations of an entire project and the constituent deliverables ensuring that suppliers and team members understand, are committed to and deliver those expectations.
7. Ensure all stakeholders are engaged (up to Board Level) and remain committed to assigned projects and have complete awareness of the critical path to be followed, including the status of projects against agreed criteria.
8. Ensure projects have a standardized and robust risk management process in place, including a defined escalation process in order to manage and mitigate (or further escalate) risks to project objectives in a cost effective and timely manner.
9. Provide input to bids and manage projects in accordance with all company processes, procedures and published best practice, using MSP and PRINCE2 where appropriate and spreading the application of PMC best practice.
10. Manage an extended team, agreeing, driving delivery, reviewing and approving projects and applying a wide management capability including setting objectives.
11. Ensure effective client engagement and stakeholder management by reviewing, assessing, motivating and managing team performance.
12. Complete end of project lessons learned reviews and feed these back into own and team development plans in order to enhance the quality of our company programs and project management capability and processes.
13. Developing and writing a Transition Approach and an Implementation plan
14. Developing the detailed MS Project plan
1. Considerable recent and relevant experience of project/portfolio management with a track record of delivering to required standards.
2. Experience of managing hybrid development teams,
3. Experience of full project life cycle, including transition to live service.
4. IT Services Experience
5. At least 8 years' experience of managing software development projects.
6. An achievement orientated, target driven individual with experience of driving teams to meet challenging deadlines.
7. Ability to command respect and instill confidence.
8. Presentable confident, articulate, numerate.
9. Excellent communicator with outstanding people management skills.
1. PRINCE 2, MSP
2. Membership of a recognized professional IT body
3. Member of the PMP
4. Experienced in P&L responsibility - commercially, financially and contractually astute.
5. Experience of Archimate
Any other Information Project/Team Size etc.
Experience of managing teams of 10+.