£549 - £551 per day
5 months ago
UNIX Infrastructure Architect - SC Cleared
Target Rate: £550 a day
IR35 Determination: Inside IR35
Clearance: SC Cleared role
Duration: 6 Months initially + extensions
Project Technical Architect: You will join a blue chip consultancy, working on a project within a government agency. The role is to
* Develop and own Low-Level Designs in line with High Level Designs.
* Carry out peer review of LLDs
* Lead Technology Focus Groups to advise on best practices.
* Provide pre-sales support and cost estimates on designs, transitions and implementations.
* Mentoring to enable knowledge and skill transfer to less experienced colleagues
* Provide On-Call and perform Out of hours change work.
* Keep up to date with emerging technologies
* Provided solution governance within the infrastructure development lifecycle
+++ Please note that this is an SC Cleared role +++
Your skills and experience:
Hold 1 current industry qualifications for their specific technologies/disciplines.
Experienced in solution deployment.
Strong understanding of ITIL and change management methodology
Presentation Skills to senior management.
Delivered multiple LLD's
Experienced in systems implementation.
Strong familiarity with virtualization concepts (Oracle VM, VMWARE, AIX LPARS)
Ability to design High Availability Enterprise Unix Solutions (Red Hat clustering, Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), SUN Cluster, PowerHA (HACMP))
Ability to design Server Standards including Hardening.
Strong familiarity with virtualization concepts (MS Hyper-V and VMWare)
Ability to design High Availability Enterprise Wintel
Ability to design Server Standards including Hardening to Microsoft Best Practices.
Ability to design network solutions, including:
General routing and switching
Data center technologies such as Nexus switching and load balancing
WAN knowledge - MPLS and vendor connection deliver characteristics
Network security including next generation firewalling, IDS, UTM
Ability to design High Availability Enterprise SAN Solutions
Mentoring to enable knowledge and skill transfer to less experienced colleagues
Lead Junior TA's
Manage small discipline teams to deliver solutions on time and to budget
Apply now and I will call to discuss your situation and this role in more depth.