over 2 years ago
VMWare Architect (Contract)
Basingstoke based VMWare Architect role
Competitive day rate
6 month contract, likely to extend
Must currently hold live DV Clearance.
A FTSE 500 company. In the UK some of their services include; IT consulting services, technology products, managed services, cloud-based solutions, and systems integration.
This role is for a VMware architect to work on bids and deployments using our secure cloud solution. The successful applicant will be responsible for working closely with the Solution Owner and wider team to define all aspects of the VMware Architecture, implementation and security compliance of the solution including the deployment and operations of the service for the customer. As part of a small, agile cross-functional team, it will be necessary for the candidate to not only define the architecture but also script and implement the reference solution.
Mandatory Skills Required:
- Solution architecture/design/implementation in highly secure environments
- Knowledge of Cloud architecture and implementations
- Extensive infrastructure delivery experience including a good spread across all infrastructure types e.g. Virtualisation/Servers/Storage/Networking/Firewalls but with a specialism in VMware products including at least: ESXi, VSphere, VCenter, vSAN
- Extensive PowerShell scripting experience
- Automated infrastructure provisioning
Desirable Skills Required:
- VMware vRealize Automation/vCloud Director & NSX
- MS SQL Server
- Symantec End Point Protection
- Secure systems hardening