about 2 years ago
VMware - Hybrid Engineers/TA architects x 2
Cheltenham or London
6 Month rolling contract
Candidates must have practical and proven hands on experience of many of the following technologies / approaches (VMware and Linux are essential):
- VMware - ESX, vCentre, Clustering, HA, DRS, vRealize, Update Manager, hardening, storage integration, deep trouble shooting.
- Linux - Strong sys admin skills
- The concept of deployment automation is key
- Network administration including software defined networking
- A track record in the application of Automation Technologies
- Design of large, complex systems
A Computer Science background is ideal (but not entirely essential) - or previous work in a Scientific and Technical environment that uses aspects of Computer Science i.e. areas of Mathematics, Physics etc.
Industry established people who can happily switch between aspects of development, sysadmin, architecture, client engagement activities is what we should be targeting.
Deep technical Linux application experience would be an advantage especially in Big Data and Analytics areas.
Really important attributes:
- Can do
- Problem solving / Solution focussed
- Dynamic in terms of work style
- Good communications skills
- Good client engagement skills.
- DV Cleared