Up to £20700 per annum + 29 day leave plus bank holidays
24 days ago
Waking Night Support Worker
Circa £20,700 per annum pro-rata + Benefits including 29 days holiday (pro rata) plus public/bank holidays
Permanent Part Time working waking nights 30 hours per week
Our client offers a short break service for children and young people aged between 8 and 18 with disabilities and complex needs, providing the young people, a fun and stimulating short break in a safe, friendly and homely environment.
As a Waking Night Support Worker, it will be your responsibility to support the service, ensuring positive outcomes are achieved during a night time shift.
You will make a difference by:
- Providing personal care and maintaining hygiene.
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of children whilst they sleep, and supporting them if they wake
- Administering medication.
- Completing general household chores.
- Meal prepping -staff will be expected to cook from the menu.
- Promoting independence.
- Encouraging active participation during activities.
- Maintaining safeguarding practices within the service
- Documenting any incidents, and keeping regular diary entries during the shift of how the child has been
You will need:
- A positive attitude is a MUST.
- Previous experience working with Children and Young People would be an advantage.
- Level 3 NVQ in Children and Young People (desirable not essential)
- Excellent communication skills.
- IT skills (desirable not essential)
- Drivers are highly desireable
- Have sound understanding of different needs for both Children and Families.
- A good understanding and knowledge of Safeguarding will be preferred.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of children, young people and their families who most need it, working with one of the UK's largest Children's charities.