Windows Software Engineering Lead Consultant (C, C++, C#)
Perm (will consider contract if you hold required clearance)
Closing date: Ongoing
Clearance: You must be eligible and willing to undergo a HMG Clearance
- Develop and deliver completely bespoke solutions, from inception right through to production
- Design, develop, test, deploy and continually improve our software to keep us ahead of the cyber-criminals
- Writing software on (at least) a weekly basis
- We work across a number of different technologies, but we don't expect you to be an expert in everything - that's what the team are here for and we'll support you learning additional skills too. However, you would need to be a hands on practitioner in at least one of the technology areas we work in, which includes:
- Enterprise-level web technologies; e.g. Node.js, Play, Spring MVC, ASP.NET, React.js, Vue.js, Angular.js, REST/GraphQL API design
- Mobile platform development; e.g. Android, iOS, ARM
- Real-time, big-data processing; e.g. HDFS stack technologies, Spark, Kafka, ElasticSearch.
- Vulnerability research with reverse engineering, penetration testing and ethical hacking.
- Comprehensive knowledge of operating system security and associated network/platform design, hardening and deployment.
- Understanding of network transport protocols (e.g. TCP/IP), application protocols (e.g. HTTPS, TLS), firewall theory and packet analysis.
- Cloud platforms and container technologies; AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack, Open Shift, Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud Security.
- Software lifecycle, issue management and version control technologies and practices; e.g. Git (using Git Flow), Bitbucket, JIRA, Scrum/Kanban.
- Cyber-security and certification such as such as CISSP, SANS GIAC, Security+, Network+, Linux+, MCSE, CCNA or SSCP
- Experience of at least 1 of the following languages: C, C++, C#, Assembly
- Understanding of Windows OS internals and communication protocol
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field of study
- Experience working to multiple deadlines
- Due to the nature of the work our team undertakes, you'll need to be security cleared to be able to join us. This means you'll need to meet our residency criteria*