Cyber Security Engineer
Job title: Cyber Security Engineer (SIEM)
Location: Hemel Hempstead/Hybrid (3 days per week on site)
Salary: £65,000 - £70,000 plus £5,400 car allowance and 3% flex account
Candidates must be willing and eligible to go through SC security clearance for this role.
I am looking for a Security Engineer to join my clients well-established Cyber Security Operations team within Aerospace, Defense and Security. The role will include both helping to support the SOC's technology stack and onboard new customers.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a range of clients, be involved in designing security platforms AND look at new ways of securing environments.
This Security Engineer role also provides a fantastic opportunity to be trained on further SIEM tools such as Sentinel as well as cloud technologies.
What you will be doing:
- Deployment and Maintenance of Splunk
- Maintaining the health of the SOC's technology stack
- Crafting and delivering solutions to onboard customers into the Managed SOC
- Provide engineering support to analysts.
- Deployment and Maintenance of Sentinel
- Aid in the support the development of detection rules
- Involved in the design of Security platforms.
- Knowledge of design and implement a SIEM based on a set of customers requirements.
What you'll bring:
- Well-rounded cloud knowledge
- Engineering experience with Splunk
- Experience in writing detailed design documentation. (some exposure required)
- Writing and maintaining scripts e.g. Bash, Python or PowerShell
- Experience in deploying Windows & Linux servers in a enterprise environment
- Experience of problem solving within the security engineering space
- The ability to manage your time and priorities within a fast-paced environment.
It would be great if you have:
- Deploying solutions into Cloud (especially where Infrastructure as Code is used)
- SIEM detection-rule writing
- Use of log filtering and forwarding technology (such as Splunk forwarders, Logstash, Fluentd, Fluent Bit, etc.)
- Experience in Sentinel