Location: Redhill, Surrey
A global engineering organisation is looking for a Mechanical Fitter to join their team in Redhill, Surrey.
- To mechanically assemble and build "material testing" machines, mechanical and pneumatic grips and other precise instruments, mechanically fitting parts including wiring looms and electronic displays
- Competent use of Pillar Drill, Manual Lathe and other associated tool room equipment.
- To complete all paperwork and documentation required ie. Employment, Time sheets, works orders, etc
- To organise and keep tooling in good order
- To assist with annual stock count
- Keep work station and area clean and tidy
- To liaise with other Department Managers and company members and communicate in a polite manner and provide assistance to other staff.
- A requirement to undertake other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Apprentice trained time served, NVQ / HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Solid Mechanical Engineering background
- Close tolerance assembly skills in a machine build environment
- Be competent with machine shop precision measuring equipment i.e. micrometers and verniers
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings, general assembly drawings and geometric tolerances.
- Able to operate a variety of hand/machine tools.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.