Quality Engineer (Contract)
Quality Engineer - CONTRACT
- Aerospace; Defence; Automotive; Engineering; Technology
- Quality; Assurance; Audit; AS 9100; QMS; 8D
- Initial 6 months, Inside IR35
- £35ph - £40ph
Job Overview - Quality Engineer
The Quality Engineer Role is focused around supporting the project team to deliver a conforming product and associated documentation to the customer on time. The Quality Engineer is required to produce the required documentation, review the production documentation and support other business functions as required.
This is a problem solving role which needs problems to be solved in a timely manner and can be at any level or process within the business or the supply chain.
Key Responsibilities - Quality Engineer
- Complete all relevant quality documentation
- Support customer meetings and customer requirements
- Review Production documents for compliance and feedback to teams were required
- Conduct audits as required by the audit schedules.
- Support design / Process FMEAs
- Log, review and approve projects FAIRs
- Assign the project quality requirements to the purchase orders.
- Support technical investigations were required.
- Progress and review the project NCFs, PPs and 8Ds
- Drive closure of 8Ds
- Assist in supply chain quality management as required
Skills & Experience - Quality Engineer
- Hold a minimum of an HNC qualification in an engineering discipline
- Hold a Lead Auditor qualification.
- Have experience of working within an AS 9100 accredited business system
- Knowledge of 8D problem solving techniques, FAIR, 8D, SPC, 5S.
- Ideally experience of working in an aerospace environment, with knowledge and understanding of customer/ MoD requirements and standards.