Senior Network Engineer - L3
Senior Network Engineer - 3rd Line
Permanent role offering up to £54,000.
MUST HOLD A VALID SECURITY CLEARANCE OR ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN ONE.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Network Support Engineer to join our team. As a key player in our mission, you will directly contribute to the support of operational secure networks, focusing on incident management and resolution for secure Military systems.
- Provide Level 3 network engineering support for LAN and WAN across all security domains.
- Manage and resolve incidents on clients' live systems, escalated from 1/2nd line resources in remote environments.
- Take ownership of problems and incidents, delivering effective solutions.
- Collaborate with Third Parties, Resolver Groups, NATO, and specified authorities to implement Service Changes and technical adjustments.
- Update Design Documentation to accurately capture Network Changes.
- Configure and manage network Cryptographic Items.
- Provide detailed knowledge and expertise in core network technologies and infrastructure, including CISCO Nexus, AAA Management Platforms (e.g., ISE), QOS, NATO Gateways, routers, switches, firewall product lines, and more.
- Actively participate in the maintenance, deployment, and configuration of (CISCO) Network Devices and supporting cabling and infrastructure.
- Offer Level 3 support for LAN and WAN Core Services.
- Provide network support, advice, and recommendations for design changes.
- Ensure a detailed understanding of QOS, including Traffic Shaping, Policing, Scheduling/Congestion Management, and avoidance.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the network through experience with routing protocols (OSPF, BGP), Spanning Tree, VoIP, and other relevant technologies.
- Proven experience as a Level 3 Network Engineer, specializing in incident management and resolution on secure Military systems.
- Industry certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of CISCO IOS XE, CISCO Switch and CUBE, Firewall IPS/IDS, ACL-ASA Firewall, and other core network technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to own and deliver solutions.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays (3 flexible)
- Pension - Double matching contributions of up to 10%
- Life assurance
- Companywide incentive plans
- Flexible benefits, including increased holidays, travel, dental, critical illness, and more.
- Perks at work - employee discounts
- Employee assistance programme / virtual GP
What happens next?
To begin your application click APPLY NOW. Your CV will be forwarded to a CBSbutler representative. Should you be suitable they will be in touch within 5 working days.