Service Engineer - Medical Devices
£30,000 - £40,000 + excellent benefits!
South West England and South Wales
A new, exciting role for a Field Service Engineer is now available with one of the largest manufacturers and providers of sterilisation and decontamination services in the UK
This new Service Engineer position is within a global manufacturer of specialist medical sterilisation equipment, such as autoclaves, washer disinfectors, endoscope washers and drying cabinets.
With a large number of engineers based across the UK, you will be well support by a robust service engineering team along with a tried and tested training programme.
This organisation offers excellent progression opportunities with bi-annual salary reviews and promotion pathway laid out from day one!
Job information - Service Engineer
As the Service Engineer, you will be responsible for the breakdown repair, routine servicing and testing of infection control systems used within a medical setting - with a focus on devices such as autoclaves, washers disinfectors, endoscope washers and drying cabinets.
You will be field-based predominantly covering client sites in Torquay, Yeovil and South Wales however flexibility to travel throughout the South West on occassions is essential.
- To carry out electrical/mechanical fault finding, repair and servicing of equipment.
- To carry out routine testing of equipment to the relevant standards.
- To provide excellent customer service.
- To carry out calibration of equipment, where necessary.
- To problem solve, combining initiative with a practical and logical approach to all aspects of the position.
- To maintain adequate stock levels of spare parts, completing stock checks when required.
- To organise and prioritise a continuously changing workload, ensuring that all customers' calls and enquiries are replied to.
- To produce reports using company used software.
Full training is provided, so applicants with any electro-mechanical maintenance, service and repair experience would be welcome! Any medical device or sterilisation experience is a bonus!
This role is a 45hr working week (including travel and lunch breaks) working Monday to Friday. Overtime is paid for any hours worked beyond this. There is no weekend working or on call expectation but voluntary on call is available.
Package/benefits include - Field Service Engineer
- Salary of £30,000 - 40,000
- Company car - EV or hybrid
- Salary reviews twice a year
- Overtime paid at time and a half (Mon-Fri), Saturday hourly rate - £28/ hour. Sunday hourly rate - £30/ hour (weekend work is optional)
- Voluntary on call 1 in every 6 weeks, paid at £140/week plus overtime for call outs attended
- Discretionary Bonus, based on company performance (up to 10%)
- On call - paid £150/week
- Phone - iPhone, PDA, Laptop
- Personal Pension Scheme, (6.5% ER, 3£ EE)
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Tax free daily lunch allowance
- 33 days annual leave including
Experience required - Field Service Engineer
- Previous electrical, mechanical or electro-mechanical fault finding and repair experience.
- Any engineering qualification at any level (apprenticeship, C&G or NVQ upwards)
- Strong customer service skills
- An interest in working within the medical field.
- Any experience with autoclaves, steam sterilisers, washer disinfectors, endoscope washers or medical equipment would be beneficial (but NOT essential)
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation invested in the development and growth of their employees and possible gain exposure to an ever growing, stable, medical industry!
What happens next?
Click "APPY NOW" to begin your application. Should your CV be of interest a CBSbutler representative will be in touch within 3 working days.