Location: Redhill, Surrey
A global manufacturing organisation is looking for a Wireperson to join their team based in Redhill, Surrey.
- Assemble and wire up products to a high standard meeting the Company's workmanship standards (the products involved may review/re-work during the assembly phase)
- Record accurately the assembly or wiring that has taken place by marking up drawings or BOM's accordingly.
- Liaise with Mechanical Design Engineers and Production Management, as required.
- Liaise with other Department Managers/Supervisors as required.
- To check time and quality of work
- Ability to perform general wiring functions to include but not limited to; manufacture of cable assemblies, wiring of control box/panel, cable identification, cable routing, terminating of cables etc.
- Ability to read and understand CAD drawings, circuit diagrams and wiring schematics.
- Ability to undertake light mechanical assembly work.
- Familiar with workmanship standards and repair techniques.
- Assembly and test of sub-assemblies, including the recording of faults found and of any repair work done.
- A requirement to undertake other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Level 2/3 NVQ or equivalent in Electrical Installations, Panel Wiring/Building or related subject OR Apprentice trained/time served, NVQ / HNC / HND in Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Experience of assembly, testing of wired electrical panels and assemblies.
- Experience of hand-soldering of electronic circuit boards
- Proficiency in computer use
- Use of electronics circuit diagrams and CAD drawings
- Use of standard workshop hand tools
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch
should you be suitable for the position.