£20000 - £22000 per annum + Excellent Package
about 1 year ago
1st Line Support Technician
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic 1st Line Support Technician to join a reputable organisation with global reaching.
The 1st Line Support Technician will work in part of the Service Operations Centre team, primarily on the management of Service Requests and Incidents aiming to provide first fix solutions, triage and escalation where required. The majority of support will be provided via the telephone with the use of remote administration tools. You will receive, troubleshoot, process and resolve incidents using support tools.
Your experience within IT Support will demonstrate understanding & previous support in:
* Troubleshooting start up issues,
* Troubleshoot network connectivity issues (e.g. determining scope of issue; whether it is a PC or network connectivity issue),
* Remote desktop support,
* Troubleshooting Operating System and Application Issues,
* Troubleshooting Internet Explorer issues,
* Troubleshooting Hardware Device (e.g. printers), Device Driver and performance issues.
As a 1st Line Support Technician you will have:
* Educated to degree or similar qualification in an IT-related discipline (ICT GCSE)
* 2 year Helpdesk Experience
* Exposure to ITIL V2 or V3
* Working knowledge of commercially-available IT technologies including Active Directory, Microsoft Server and client operating systems, Dell PC hardware, Microsoft Office, networking equipment and connectivity, printing methods, mobile device platforms (Blackberry, Apple, Droid) and management tools, mobile voice services and plans, and a variety of user and administrative software.
* Understanding of supporting a 24x7 production environment including customer support and technology management.
This is a fast paced environment working for a forward thinking organisation that offers excellent company progression and the chance to build a career. For more information please send through your CV to Alex Froude