2nd Line Platform Support Engineer
CDI - 1201961_1676635740
£36000 - £40000 per annum + plus 3% bonus
about 1 month ago
Job title: 2nd Line Platform Support Engineer
Location: Hampshire (24/7 shift work. 4 on/4 off early and late shifts)
Salary: £40k plus 3% bonus
We are looking for a 2nd Line Platform Support Engineer for a client of mine who are a leading IT Systems Integrator operating within the UK defence sector.
Responsibilities of a 2nd Line Platform Support Engineer:
- Event Management - Monitor Notifications and Events generated by automated systems into an Elastic Cloud for Kubernetes monitoring platform and act as required when particular events/notifications occur.
- Incident Management (using Jira SM toolset and ServiceNow)
- As a 2nd Line Platform Supprt Engineer you will be responsible for all incidents assigned to my clients managed Resolver Groups. All incidents shall be Reported, Recorded, Routed, and Managed (RRR&M) through the Service Desk. Will receive incidents/faults from other Resolver Groups, manage the resolution, keeping the Service Desk record updated in accordance with Work Instructions.
- As a 2nd Line Platform Supprt Engineer you will manage/resolve incidents with 3rd Line support, keeping the Service Desk record updated in accordance with WI and where necessary escalate into Service Management any High Priority Incidents.
Your experience from a 2nd Line Platform Support Engineer:
- Rancher Kubernetes experience
- Use of Elastic Cloud for Kubernetes Monitoring toolset (and SysDig toolset in the interim)
- Hands on Linux experience
- Familiarity with analysis and debugging skills with experience in troubleshooting
If you are interested in this 2nd Line Platform Support Engineer role or wish to apply, please feel free to reply to this advert or call me on 01737 821029 or 07766 512829