about 2 months ago
2nd Line Support Engineer
Permanent - Full time
Basingstoke or Bracknell
12 hours shifts 7-7 - 4 days on, 4 days off, 4 nights
Candidate will need to be eligible for DV Clearance
Salary: Competitive + Shift allowance
We are looking for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to Support & augment the existing Shared Service to provide support on a 24/7 shift pattern. The 2nd Line Support Engineer role will involve:
- Event Management: Monitor Notifications and Events generated by automated systems and act as required when particular events/notifications occur.
- Incident Management: Incident logging, triage and assignment on both the CA Service Desk (CASD) and SharePoint. Manage the Incident to resolution in conjunction with the 3rd parties, keeping the Service Desk record in both Toolsets updated in accordance with agreed Work Instruction and assign any escalations to 3rd Line.
- Problem Management: Will manage, monitor and resolve Problems in accordance with agreed SLA's
- Patch Deployment: Deployment of monthly security patches to Microsoft server environments using the Microsoft SCCM toolset.
- Change Management: Support and participate as required in all Change Management Activities
- Request Fulfilment: Will receive and fulfil simple Service Requests to provision end-user access to the hosting environment.
2nd Line Support Engineer experience:
- Experience in supporting secure IT infrastructures
- Experience in incident resolution and/or system management of secure IT infrastructures
- Base understanding of Systems Centre Operations Manage 2019
- Base understanding of Systems Centre Configuration Manager Version 1910
- Good understanding of VMware ESX and vCentre
- Anti-Virus management and reporting
CBSbutler is acting as an employment agency for this role.