3rd Line Network Engineer (Contract)
Corsham based 3rd Line Engineer role
Competitive day rate
6 month contract, likely to extend
Must be DV Cleared to commence this role.
A FTSE 500 company. In the UK some of their services include; IT consulting services, technology products, managed services, cloud-based solutions, and systems integration.
Installation, configuration, deployment, maintenance and diagnostics of Network equipment and supporting cabling (copper & fibre) infrastructure, including all IP network devices i.e. routers, switches, cryptographic devices, Firewalls, VoIP and VTC services.
Level 3 support for the LAN and WAN, in the following areas:
- Incident Management;
- iService/Change Requests;
- Problem Management;
- Configuration Management;
- Projects, trials, exercise support where required;
- Routine and Emergency Maintenance;
- Capacity and Demand Management.
Mandatory Skills Required:
Cisco Certified Network Associate
* Minimum of two years commercial networking experience.
* Strong, in depth knowledge of networking technologies, i.e. LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, routing, switching and subnet addressing.
* Strong in depth knowledge of networking hardware. Experience of network implementation work.
* Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
Desirable Skills Required:
* Previous experience of network design.
* ITIL Foundation or knowledge of ITIL processes.
* Understanding of network security.
* Virtualisation integration and network process