£500 - £510 per day
5 months ago
Agile Delivery Manager
Location: Bristol OR Manchester
Rate: £500 per day (inside ir35)
Contract: 3 months initially (12-month project)
Remote working: 3 days a week on site
Budget responsibility up to £5m. Business change pan Mobile delivery. Lead multiple projects dependent upon scale and complexity.
Working in a highly complex fast paced environment the Agile Delivery Manager is responsible for creating and leading an integrated team to deliver end-to-end projects with an Agile way of working, ensuring they have clearly defined and agreed business outcomes and associated benefit, deliver on time, within budget and to agreed quality criteria from conception through to market launch and transition into operations.
You will manage a virtual team of up to 100 people, including a number of 3rd party Suppliers, providing strong leadership across a number of squads/teams, with particular focus on bringing about consistent Agile ways of working.
You will work closely with stakeholders across the Organisation to shape the Projects and proactively solve conflict situations through problem-solving, negotiation, open communication and direct influencing.
- Leading - Coordinating virtual teams (<100), working with internal & external stakeholders, to deliver against business objectives.
- Influencing - Using business and domain expertise to affect key results & outcomes.
- Planning - Lead key planning cycles, inc. prioritisation, backlog development, retro, etc, whilst aligned with relevant design authorities.
- Negotiating - Interlocking projects with dependencies and dependant projects, securing prioritisation and alignment as required.
- Driving - Bringing together a consistent way of working across our team, and how we integrate and work with the key business owners, ensuring E2E ownership of project.
- Governing - responsible for project governance, budget management (<£5m), risk, issue and change management for the entire project.
- Reporting - Provides reports to time and standard as directed by PMO, socialising within key stakeholder groups.
- Collaborating - working across all design and delivery partners to produce coherent project outcomes. This includes coaching the team and stakeholders on the adoption of Agile & JIRA
- Communicating - working across the stakeholder group, and up to Director level, visibly owning delivery, change and engagement for the project.
- Ensure Projects are aligned to our Technology strategy and roadmap, and deliver valid business benefit and exceptional customer experience.
- Leadership Skills - Able to provide effective leadership to the project team, and take appropriate action
- Communication Skills - Able to lead communication with stakeholders and work to drive strong, open and sustained communication channels both within the project team and with the wider stakeholder community. Up to 'Director of'.
- Negotiation skills - able to work with stakeholders to shape the project and proactively solve conflict situations through problem-solving, negotiation, open communication and direct influencing
- Planning Skills - the ability to organize tasks in the right order, to hit the right outcome at the right time
- Budgeting Skills - able to proactively forecast and manage the project costs to forecasts, both Opex and Capex.
- Industry recognised Agile and Project Management Qualifications.
- Professional experience driving complex business change projects (<£5m) within Agile and Gated Project Governance processes, focussed on:
- Agile ways of working
- Process re-engineering and introduction
- 3rd party commercial alignment
- Stakeholder comms and training
- Business change readiness
- Underpinned through supporting technical deliveries
- Proven ability to bring about consistent Agile ways of working within an immature, yet experienced, team. This includes coaching of key business and partner stakeholders, and the use of JIRA.
- Excellent track record in enabling frequent waves of benefit realisation through incremental project delivery within a fast paced, Technology environment in the telecoms business using a range of internal and external suppliers to deliver.
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders, up to 'Director of' levels
- Knowledge of and experience with Mobile products and services.
We've always been an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world. You can trace this back to our beginning as pioneers of the world's first telecommunications company. At our heart we're a technology company with research and innovation in our bones and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for our customers - those are the values we live by whilst also creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
Our pursuit of progress over the past 180 years has established BT as a strong, successful brand, with huge scale capable of achieving great things. From supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe and secure, to delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the creation of BT Sport.
Today in this fast changing, always on, digital world our purpose remains true. Yet the market conditions, regulation and competition we face are tougher than ever before. So if you have the drive, optimism and resilience to help propel us forward we'll offer unrivalled personal development, a wealth of opportunities to learn, experience new things and pursue new careers. If that's you and what you're looking for, we'd love you to be part of our future.
We are in an incredibly competitive industry and it's not just the technology that's important, but the world of promise it creates for our customers. We live and work in a connected world where people want seamless service, great products and the best connectivity there is, as well as continually expecting more and more from us, and rightly so. Technology is BT's powerhouse, with our expert technologists, we have a unique position in BT. By bringing together our technical and commercial expertise, and our insight and passion for customer experience, we help BT stand out from the competition. With the best networks and smart innovative products, combined with a personal experience, it sets us apart from the pack.
Innovation drives everything we've done since BT started in 1846. Coming up with new ideas and developing new technologies is central to our future. We want to improve people's lives for the better in welcome, relevant and affordable ways and we'll be fast to market with an effortless experience to match. We will continue to focus on developing our converged network capabilities which will give customers seamless connectivity. Our skilled people will lead this technological revolution, not only for our customers but for the industry across the Globe, truly making customers our heartbeat.