£9.00 - £10.00 per hour
about 1 year ago
3 month contract likely to extend or even go permanent
£9.90 per hour Monday to Thursday 8.15am-5.15pm and Friday 8.15am -12.30pm to start immediately
A UK leader in Manufacturing electro-mechanical parts are looking for an Assembly operator on a 3 month contract basis. As the Assembly Operator, you will build Company product assemblies to the levels of safety, quality, consistency and efficiency expected by the company.
The Role - Assembly Operator - Plymouth
- Your responsibilities will be undertaken to a high standard of workmanship and cleanliness and within the time-scales required. You will have good judgment, ensuring all parts used are of the correct quality and fitted correctly.
- Within this role, you will work to a high standard at the expected work rate and efficiency.
- Supporting the section leader, to achieve team and Company objective with four main areas of focus - Safety, Cost, Quality and Delivery.
- Assemble products to a high standard in all build sections and you will have the ability to assemble builds using drawings, standard operating procedures and verbal instructions.
- Ensuring all EH&S policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensuring all QA policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Liaising with the section leader on any issues that will affect current requirements and outputs.
- Encouraging effective communication across all departments and levels of staff.
- Maintaining a good knowledge of the product range.
- To support Stores operations when required, picking components and packing finished goods for shipping.
- Flexibility to work and help within other departments.
Skills/Experience - Assembly Operator - Plymouth
- GCSE or equivalent qualifications in Mathematics and English.
- An understanding of all roles within the process to achieve outputs.
- An understanding of the processes and the ability to improve them where practicable.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office or similar).
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Practical skills (use of hand tools, mechanical background).
- Evaluation and analysis skills.
- Communication and instruction skills.
If you are interested in this role and the above suits your skill set, please do not hesitate and 'APPLY NOW'