£50000 - £65000 per annum
18 days ago
Azure BI Developer
Up to £65,000 basic salary
Based in Hatfield - hybrid working
A leading organisation are looking for a Digital Azure BI Developer to join their friendly, fast paced head office in Hatfield. This is an exciting opportunity to join a 'Sunday Times Best Big Company', working on the digital workstream in an established Business Intelligence team.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering data and reporting related to digital content, projects and initiatives. Working closely with the Digital teams, you will work to identify and design data solutions that are in-line with business requirements to derive value from their data
- Provide expert technical advice and guidance to the Digital teams to help scope out and design reporting solutions.
- Translate business requirements into technical data solutions.
- Develop innovative ETL approaches to bring a diverse set of on-prem and cloud-based data sources into the Data Lake.
- Identify and implement suitable data quality management and meta data management solutions.
- Develop and operate the Azure BI platform. Design, develop, test, and roll-out effective Azure data repositories, such as databases, data marts, blob storage, and analytics models to deliver automated reporting, Power BI dashboards, and deploy data science capability.
- Develop Data Factory, and other data movement processes as required to support the Digital teams in reporting, auditing, and other data needs.
- Where necessary create new formats/processes or methodologies, document and communicate them to the wider BI community as needed to enhance the organisations capabilities.
- Develop and implement error and exception management processes, ensuring causes of poor data quality are identified and escalated to the business owners.
- Ensure the BI environment is proactively monitored, data flows from source systems are robust with adequate fault tolerance, the reporting layer is consistent, and new developments are designed in a modular fashion.
- Maintain and performance tune the cloud-based data storage solutions.
- Degree in computer science, information systems, or another related technical field.
- Demonstrable experience of Azure Synapse and Databricks, experience of Google Analytics is desirable.
- Proven working knowledge of the Azure BI Platform including Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL and Microsoft Power BI.
- Experience as a database or ETL developer, preferable on SQL server platform.
- Extensive working experience of Microsoft BI solutions (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.