Dublin City Centre, Dublin
€40000 - €55000 per annum
8 months ago
BMS Commissioning Engineer
Permanent - Full Time - 40 hours per week plus travel
Home based initially however Dublin, Ireland based
The Commissioning Engineer will be responsible for commissioning, demonstration and handover of BMS projects of varying sizes and types.
A strong understanding of mechanical and electrical services, HVAC systems and applications, Control Panels, Building Management Systems and discrete controls is a necessity.
A Commissioning Engineer will work closely with the Project Engineers and the relevant Project Managers, to provide our customers a fully working system on time and in budget. The engineer will take complete ownership of the tasks scheduled to him / her, and ensure the activities are completed in a professional and fully complete and robust manner to ensure the quality output of service of which the company strives to achieve.
- Carry out to high standards, on-site pre-commissioning / final commissioning of Building Management Systems and associated technologies.
- Be solely responsible in the demonstration and hand over of fully operational systems for acceptance by the customer.
- Be responsible for ensuring pertinent documentation (commissioning handover and training records for example) are all signed and maintained appropriately in real time.
- Maintain accurate and timely communication on all matters with the project manager.
- Be responsible in ensuring work efficiency is maintained to complete tasks within or ahead of allocated time frames / programme, and delays.
- Assist project manager to achieve a 'zero defect' delivery of all projects.
- Provide on-site coordination with client and sub-contractors as needed / directed by the project manager.
- Ensure sites are cleared of equipment and materials / products prior to handover / demonstration / completion. Ensure sub-contractors comply.
- Carry out internal and external factory acceptance testing of control panels, including demonstrations, witnessing and customer training.
- Be responsible to ensure health and safety procedures and standards are followed on site. Ensure all Health and safety documentation is filed, maintained and updated on site.
- Carry out service activities such as PPM's, MX's and Callouts as necessary.
- Ability to write and modify software as necessary and carry out project engineering tasks as required.
Relevant experience, skills & knowledge
- Minimum 5 years of experience commissioning building management systems.
- A good understanding of a variety of mechanical and electrical building services.
- Fluent with Trend and 1 additional building management system manufacturer, to facilitate writing and commissioning of controller / network, software and graphics.
- Minimum 2 years of experience and demonstrable competence of commissioning integration products and protocol exchange software such as TONN, Tridium, SIPs using Modbus, BACnet, M-Bus etc.
- Experience of commissioning significant sized projects (ie, over £250k in contract value).
- Suitable qualification to demonstrate electrical competency around the electro-technical aspects of control panels, LV and ELV installations associated with our industry (such as C&G 2391, 2356 or NVQ Level 3 Electrical Qualification).
- HVAC application of controls qualification.
- Various industry related product specific technical engineering courses.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary dependant on experience and qualifications.
- Company car allowance (or cash equivalent) of €4,800 per annum.
- 3% employer pension contribution.
- X3 basic salary life assurance.
- 25 days annual holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays).
Any questions please let me know via email@example.com