Crawley, West Sussex
£12.00 - £18.00 per hour
5 months ago
Build Technician x5
Crawley West Sussex
Competitive rate (3 months contract)
A new opportunity has come available to be a part of global leading organisation specialising in precision radiation medicine for over five decades. They are a leading innovator of equipment and software used to improve, prolong and save the lives of people with cancer and brain disorders.
My client require 5 Build Technician to help with the increased work load that they are receiving in this crazy time. The role will be part of assembly team and you will play a key role in actively helping to build and test their complex products.
You will be using specialist tools and test equipment to ensure the product works correctly and is up to standard according to the customer specification.
The Role - Build Technician - West Sussex
- Responsible for the assembly and test of the product to the drawing specification, ensuring all build and test documentation used is the correct issue, as specified within the work package (load card).
- When material or assembly quality problems are identified an NCR must be raised and the appropriate short term corrective action taken (ie. repair or reject). Note NCR Procedure must be enforced.
- If for any reason the specification is found to be incorrect or sub-standard then a change request must be raised to identify the problem so appropriate development actions can be taken to resolve the issue.
- Assembly staff are made responsible for the quality of their own work following a final assessment and are then authorised to use a personal SI stamp for verification of their own work.
- Working as part of a departmental quality team will contribute to maintaining and improving production methods and processes.
- Trained assembly staff are responsible for the production testing of assemblies. They will follow the production test schedule and are then authorised to use a personal ST or QC stamp for verification of the assembly.
- Assembly staff are responsible for ensuring that all product passed through complies with workmanship standards.
- Assembly staff are responsible for ensuring all equipment used, which requires calibration, is within the calibration period.
Key Skills/Experience - Build Technician - West Sussex
- Apprenticeship served training.
- City & Guilds Full Tech Certificate or ONC in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Will possess a wide and in depth knowledge of mechanical assembly/wiring or testing
- Worked in a technical Assembly environment before
- Fault finding experience
If you are interested in this role and you fit the criteria above, please do not hesitate and 'APPLY NOW'