Based in West Sussex
£35,000 - £40,000
Our client, a leading defence organisation who specialise in protection systems are currently recruiting for a Buyer. Your role will be to support the Material requirements for my client's products and projects. You will be involved with the supplier sourcing, competitive tendering, and purchase order management to ensure that you are keeping to the budget and on time.
Responsibilities - Buyer - West Sussex
- Direct & Indirect procurement
- Planning of materials requirements to ensure timely deliveries and efficient materials control.
- Competitive bidding, negotiation and quotation analysis, compliant with company policy and procedures.
- Supplier evaluation, selection and development.
- Daily expediting of material to satisfy production schedules and implementation of appropriate recovery plans. Shortage reporting and resolution.
- Purchase order management ensuring accurate system data and an effective purchase-to-pay process
- Cost estimating in support of bid teams.
- Procurement support to the facilities management team.
- Delivery and reporting of cost-savings in support of company objectives.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, ISO9001, ISO14001.
Experience / Skills - Buyer - West Sussex
- Diploma / Degree qualified preferred or equivalent practical experience.
- CIPS preferred or currently studying for CIPS.
- Proven experience within automotive / manufacturing / defence or aerospace industries.
- An excellent understanding of technical drawings, design intent and manufacturing processes preferred.
- Experience of indirect procurement
- Project management skills, able to plan and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Proficient use of MS applications with good understanding of MRP and other planning systems (SAP preferred).
- Skilled in negotiation.
- Excellent organisational skills and capable of managing own time.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Full driving licence.
If you are interested in this exciting position and want to work for industry leader in the Defence industry, please 'APPLY NOW'