Horsham, West Sussex
£20000 - £27000 per annum + pension, high street discounts
21 days ago
£20,000 - £27,000 (dependant on experience)
Based in Horsham, West Sussex
Must have/be eligible for SC clearance
An exciting opportunity to join an established, expanding electro-optics specialist with a global footprint, who are a leading Design and Manufacturer of defence equipment within Naval, Land, Military and Security sectors.
Due to substantial and continual growth, the opportunity has arisen for a Cable Assembler to join their team in Horsham, West Sussex.
Reporting directly to the Electrical Section Team Leader, you will provide support across all areas of the production process.
- Working on both prototype and production assemblies, accurately assembling equipment to drawings.
- Ensuring any modifications during the Build process are documented and highlighted to the Team Leader so change requests can be implemented.
- Liaising with production control when kits are incomplete.
- Crimping pins onto wires and fitting connectors to drawings.
- Lacing cables using Kevlar or Nylon Cord.
- Applying braid/heatshrink over cable looms.
- Verifying cable dimensions using basic measuring equipment.
- Continuity testing of all cables.
- Applying identification labels to cable assemblies.
- Help run crimp pull-off tests.
- Fitting and shrinking of connector environmental boots.
- Assist the cabling team in fitting and populating connectors.
- Soldering wires into connectors.
- Proven experience in a similar role is required, working to MIL-STDs is preferred.
- Knowledge of wiring standards IPC 620 and 610 would be advantageous but not essential
- Good problem-solving skills with an ability to read technical wiring diagrams.
- Demonstrates our company values of Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence and Courage
- Highly organised and methodical approach, with an eye for detail
- The ability to work independently when required
- A flexible, conscientious, and diligent attitude
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and written skills
- A resilient and adaptable approach always
To apply, click 'APPLY NOW' and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch, should you have suitable experience.