£70000 - £78000 per annum + Corporate Package
11 months ago
Chief Stress Engineer
Buckinghamshire / North and West London / Hertfordshire / Surrey
£70,000 - £78,000 per annum
An exciting Chief Stress Engineer opportunity is now available with a highly reputable, leading organisation specialising in the design and manufacture of advanced Aerospace equipment. Working alongside the Mechanical Engineering Manger supporting technical governance and leadership to the Engineering department to ensure strategic and tactical objectives are met.
As the Chief Stress Engineer you will remain hands-on, promoting the use of approved analytical methods, throughout the department, to inform the design of mechanical systems, ensuring a consistent, efficient, and safe approach, through the design process. Execution and approval of formal stress analysis, to the relevant international standards, required and continued airworthiness of current in service systems.
Managing a team of 8 Engineers you will oversee and conduct concessional/structural failure investigations along with other functions in the determination of critical system loading, to support testing methodology, test data acquisition requirements and validation of qualification.
- Substantial experience of classical methods and finite element analysis, gained from analysing mechanical systems, machined components and composite structures within aviation engineering or related industry
- A thorough understanding of finite element methods, mathematical modelling in relation to structural, vibration and fatigue analysis
- Broad materials knowledge with respect to the mechanical properties and deleterious manufacturing processes and environmental conditions
- Broad experience of conducting successful technical investigations and research
- Experience in managing and mentoring engineers
- Experience of multiphysics simulation of highly non-linear transient dynamic FEA
- Strong Academic background ideally Chartered status
£70,000 - £78,000
37 hour week - 12.15pm finish on a Friday
Cash healthcare plan
33 days' holiday
IT and cycle to work scheme
Discounted staff restaurant
Excellent training and progression opportunities!
This is a great opportunity to work in an on-going expanding organisation, offering outstanding development and progression opportunities. With their excellent employee retention and reputation in their industry, this will be an amazing opportunity to for any environmental test engineer looking for that next step in their career!
Click 'APPLY NOW' to begin your application.