£550 - £600 per hour
3 months ago
Cloud Engineer - SC cleared
Rate: £600 per day inside ir35
Clearance: SC clearance required
Remote working: Fully remote
The preferred candidate will demonstrate effective application of Infrastructure & Cloud expertise and extensive knowledge across a variety of technologies such as AWS and Microsoft Azure Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Windows Server Environments, Virtualized Environments, Microsoft Stack Technologies, Networking Technologies and Data Storage Technologies. A keen interest or experience in supporting environments operating under DevOps methodologies would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience of designing and implementing solutions using:
- AWS with Linux technologies;
- Terraform, and Ansible
- Demonstrable experience of working in a DevOps environment
- Experience of applying security to all workloads
- Experience of working with or implementing CI/CD infrastructure pipelines
- Demonstrable experience of automating deployment and configuration of COTS software and promoting deployments through multiple environments
- Experience of working Agile teams being aware of Agile methodologies (using Scrum or Kanban) Advantageous
- Experience in deploying third party and Cloud native services, leveraging PaaS services to deliver best practice monitoring and management.
Your role will include:
- Analyse, develop and implement configurations and solutions based on requirements whilst adhering to Engineering governance and best practice.
- Create and maintain documentation for installations, changes and upgrades.
- Train less experienced engineers on updates and new installations.
- Perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in timely and accurate manner to improve application performance and functionality.
- Evaluate system architecture and make recommendations as required.
- Develop and implement standard processes and procedures for installation, maintenance and enhancement of applications.
- Drive continuous improvements in your area of expertise
- Collaborating with and influencing colleagues, internal stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers, ensuring timely delivery of solutions which support the business
- As the programme turns to transformation, help to transform the systems to be operational in AWS cloud.
- Be aware of the future pipeline and keep yourself current in the latest technologies