New Malden, London
£35000 - £50000 per annum
8 months ago
The Configuration Engineer role will act as the point of contact to specific programs within both the hardware and software engineering domains at the New Malden site. The Individual will be an influential member of the program and be able to advise stakeholders on how to adhere to configuration management principles.
* Will support both internal and external audits for Configuration Control and Change Process compliance and export compliance audits.
* To facilitate change management process activities such as Change Requests and change notices.
* To have a detailed Understanding of product lines ensuring design baselines accurately reflect the design.
* Review both internal and external documentation ensuring consistency and accuracy throughout.
* To verify that Configuration items have passed through appropriate approvals prior to release.
* Produce reports and key performance indicators in order to accurately present progress and identify areas of improvement.
* Facilitate Change Control Board meetings by creating agenda's and minutes.
* Provide training and assistance to key stakeholders relating to the change management process.
* Have a detailed knowledge of the change management tool's used (Windchill and Teamcenter In order to carry out an administrators role.
* Providing feedback and opinions on continuous improvement activities relating to the CM process.
* Liaise with both suppliers and customers ensuring data pack's meet requirements of all parties.
* Produce and maintain master record indexes and as built configurations in the latter stage of the product lifecycle.
* To take ownership of specific CM processes ensuring they are implemented successfully.
* To assist the configuration Manager in ensuring quality management system (QMS) documentation and management plan's reflect the most current internal processes.
Essential qualifications / experience
* Advanced engineering apprentice/HNC or relevant experience within an engineering domain.
* Proven experience Configuration Management experience within the defence or aerospace industry.