29 days ago
Configuration Engineer / Manager
This role is to work alongside the company's team members supporting one of our customers on-site in Lincolnshire. The role is predominantly on-site due to the location of physical architecture, but some remote working days can be arranged.
This position is outside IR35 - £450 to £500 Per Day - 6 Month Contract (Possibility of extending)
- Capture the existing configuration for the hardware and software infrastructure and update it in line with the Design
- Maintain and Manage the IT Configuration as business as usual
- Produce and document the Configured IT Infrastructure in line with Customer best practice
- Produce and document an IT Configuration Management Plan
- Prepare for a cyber-security penetration testing.
- Conduct rectification activities to patch or repair infrastructure vulnerabilities.
- Conduct routine System administration activities on the System as business as usual. A list of business as usual System Administration tasks will be provided.
Skills and Experience:
- Recent previous experience in a System Administrator capacity.
- 4-6 years' minimum relevant System Administration work experience.
- Experience in configuration management and automation preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Windows and Linux (Ubuntu/RedHat) Operating systems
- CISCO Firewalls and switching
- ACI Fabrics or similar vLAN technologies
- NESSUS and PRTG
- Atlassian Tools (Jira & Confluence)
- Other Industry and software certifications are desirable.
- Must have proven technical skills and demonstrated troubleshooting skills.
- Solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts; understands principles of routing, client/server programming, and the design of consistent network-wide filesystem layouts.
- Work well with minimal direction, take proactive measures as required.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Track record of collaboration working in a team environment with peers, colleagues, and other staff.