£40000 - £45000 per annum
over 2 years ago
Based in Surrey
Up to £45,000
A world leader in the defence sector are looking for a skilled Design Engineer that has experience in doing detailed electronics hardware designs.
The company - Design Engineer - Surrey
My client is a global leader that has a big presence in the marine industry and focuses on designing and manufacturing high performance radar and navigation solutions. From military submarines to commercial cargo carriers, this is just start on what you could be working on.
The role - Design Engineer - Surrey
- Design, develop and support electronic hardware across the product line
* Produce necessary drawings and documentation in line with the development process
* Take the lead, working with the Hardware Chief Engineer, on circuit design, verification and validation
* Liaise and manage the relationship with external suppliers such as PCB layout and fabrication
* Ensure products meet their Type Approval and Regulatory requirements, and as necessary support field and sea trials.
* Provide expert help and advice to more junior engineers and other departments as necessary
* Deputise for the Hardware Chief Engineer when required to do so
* Produce detailed and accurate development estimates for future work
* Support the analysis and resolution of issues arising in the field with existing products (Post Development Support).
* Ensure all responsibilities are delivered in accordance with Company Processes and Standards of Conduct
* Carry out any other reasonable management request
Qualifications/skills - Design Engineer - Surrey
- Degree qualified in electrical/electronic engineering or related discipline
* Highly experienced and self-sufficient in the design of analogue, digital and FPGA/microcontroller systems and interfacing
* Good appreciation of practical aspects of PCB production and PCB design rules
* Able to read and interpret engineering standards and requirements.
* Excellent technical writing and design documentation skills
* Experienced with typical system design lifecycle and integration, verification and validation activities.
* Experience working in a highly regulated industry
* Able to lead technical design work and direct/mentor others.
* Experienced with electronic CAD and design tools.
If this role suits your skill set and looking for new opportunity with renowned successful company then please click 'APPLY NOW'