£400 - £480 per day
about 1 year ago
3-6 months +
Desktop Rollout & Installation Engineers x 3
+ Initial 3 month contracts - should be 6 months +
+ Hampshire based with extensive travel
+ £400 to £480 per day - Inside IR35
+ MOD DV Cleared positions
+ Experienced desktop rollout and installation skills
+ MOD DV Clearance
+ Flexible and willing to travel
As part of a contract to create and run a new environment for a major UK public sector customers, the role has responsibility for migrating users from legacy systems and devices to new systems and devices across multiple sites.
This role will require significant customer contact with end users, travelling throughout the UK.
Working under the direction of a Desktop Rollout & Installation Team Lead, the Desktop Rollout & Installation Engineer will
* Contribute to site surveys and interact with user representatives to understand any detailed requirements and constraints e.g. the device types and applications required by each of the users; site networking constraints; site physical security constraints; storage space
* Conduct installation activities under the direction of the Desktop Rollout & Installation Team Lead and Installation Design Authority e.g. prepare site drawings, support network service provider, install cabling infrastructure
* Conduct goods-in processes, install and commission equipment in accordance with programme and local standards
* Arrange secure transport, where required
* Support users at first logon to new devices
* Ensure that legacy devices are disposed of securely and that disposal certification is processed correctly
Skills and Experience
Previous experience of workplace migrations.
Previous experience of working in highly secure environments.
Able to read and appreciate the consequences of documentation including requirements, site policies, security standards, etc.
Good communications skills: able to liaise effectively with end users and their management, team members, Workplace Migration Site Lead, Installation Design Authority and network service provider.