£25000 - £32000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Desktop Support Engineer
+ Fully remote (Ocassional travel to Redhill once a month)
+ Salary: £25,000 - £32,000 + Benfits
+ Must hold right to work (No Sponsorship)
- As a small team of 8 we cover a range of disciplines from web and systems development, IT support, maintenance & networking through to graphic design. Each service is individually tailored for each customer.
- We are looking for someone to work both with the team on both internal systems and with clients to ensure their IT systems are well managed. Also, to ensure support requests are met promptly and efficiently.
- The role will work in both a responsive way by listening to client requests, and a more pro-active approach by analysing a client's needs and developing suitable suggestions and IT strategies.
- There will be a focus on IT set up, problem solving and customer liaison, with a mixture of hands on, remote and telephone assistance.
The person we are hoping to recruit:
- A problem solver, happy to work through issues methodically and efficiently.
- Self-motivated and logical, with an ability to prioritise and seek out the most useful work to undertake.
- Excellent communication skills, happy to actively engage with customers and build relationships with them, keeping them updated on projects and requests.
- An ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Organised and thorough, documenting settings and keeping records as required.
- Be flexible in their approach and be happy to get involved in what's needed to get the job done.
- A keen attention to detail and good record keeping skills.
- A desire to become experienced and knowledgeable in our CRM and ATS software to a level whereby they could manage, promote and maintain the system.
- You must be willing and able to travel to Redhill, Surrey, where our office is based and able to attend site visits to customers when required, therefore a driving license is considered essential.
The Core Technical IT skills we are looking for:
- Windows Server, Windows Desktop
- Web server and hosting configuration experience.
(Windows, IIS, Linux, Apache)
- Networking experience -- Router configuration, DHCP and DNS knowledge.
- Active Directory,
- Handling backups for both Disks and Snapshots from Virtual Machines.
- Customer Support - 1-2 Years minimum of 1st line support.
- Both 'hands on' and virtual exposure to IT Support.
- Microsoft 365 set up and administration.
- Windows and Mac OS Experience with troubleshooting.
- IT Security knowledge and awareness.
Additional and very useful skills in connection with providing the maintenance and support of our Vacancy Lab database system would be:
- SQL Server & My SQL.
- CRM systems exposure.
Also, depending on experience and seniority it may prove necessary to mentor/manage other, more inexperienced, members of the team on occasion and so the successful applicant would need to be happy to do so if required.
For the right candidate there is an opportunity to develop the company's IT services and offerings and take on project management.
Typical Technologies Used:
- Typical small office IT networks: Draytek routers, Netgear switches, APC UPS
- Microsoft 365 / Azure.
- Amazon Web Services (to a very basic level).
- Linux / Plesk hosting in a fully virtualised / managed environment.
- Vacancy Lab CRM and ATS System - (training will be provided).
- Some Apple Mac experience might be helpful at a user level.
- Some VOIP at a basic level,
- Mobile devices,
- Printers, etc…