CDI - 113752_1642756062
£490 - £491 per day
8 months ago
Job Role: DV Wintel Engineer Senior Support Systems Specialist
Location: Central London
Contract: 6 months+
Rate: £490 per day
Security Clearance: DV security clearance is required for this role
I am recruiting a Wintel Engineer for a client of mine who are an IT systems integrator operating within the UK defence sector. The Wintel Engineer handles calls escalated from 1st Line and manage those calls as stipulated in the contracted SLA. They will carry out 2nd Line diagnostics, problem resolution, non-routine server management tasks and assist in the carrying out and completion of Business Change Requests, providing guidance and advice as necessary. As part of the role will involve the investigation of end user related problems, the ability to deal with customers professionally and sensitively is essential. In addition to the above, the role involves test and integration of change and issue resolution activities, and the ability to provide support for specialised areas assigned to them by the Operations Manager.
- Good practical knowledge and understanding of working within a secure environment.
- Proven record of technical support within a secure environment using various technologies and solutions. Demonstrable working experience of various Microsoft and Red Hat operating systems and technologies such as firewalls, thin client, secure networks.
In addition, providing four or more of the following:
- Support specialised areas that require a unique level of support, including; Network Support, Back-up processes including VERITAS Netback Up, MS Exchange and SCCM/SCOM.
- Networking experience (Inc. CISCO)
- Thin client and firewall experience
- Symantec GHOST experience
- Test and Integration
- Provide guidance and advice for Business Change Requests
- Being responsive to short notice Change Requests or Urgent Operational Requirements
- Professionally communicate and work with end users and occasionally with account stakeholders
In addition, assist 1st line with the following when required:
- Call Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- Patch Management (Anti-Virus/Microsoft Monthly updates/Service Packs)
- 1st line diagnostic investigation, resolution or escalation
If you are interested in this roleor wish to apply plese feel free to reply to this advert or call me on 01737 821029 or 07766 512829