Up to £30000 per annum
about 2 years ago
A global leading engineering organisation are now looking for shift technicians to join their growing RF & Wireless Communications team at their site based in Hampshire. Working as part of a team of Wireless test engineers, you will contribute to the provision of a Wireless testing service, specifically performing RF (Radio Frequency) testing on a large variety of Wireless technologies, such as WLAN 802.11, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Cellular (GSM / W-CDMA / LTE), SRD 433/868MHz, VHF, etc. The role will also include helping to improve and reduce waste in the testing processes, requiring the initiation of efficiency improvements and involvement in continuous improvement projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Being part of a team delivering test services as part of a 24-hour, 7 day shift pattern, undertaking RF test in accordance with harmonised test standards (the most common being ETSI and FCC), or customer specific test plans, within the RF test facilities.
- Control and monitor the test equipment calibration status during testing.
- Close liaison with the Project Manager to ensure work is carried out accurately and within the agreed timescales.
- Accurate recording of results following company quality procedures and providing clear, concise communication at end of shifts.
- NVQ level 3 in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience
- Willingness to work as part of a team on 24 hour / 7 day shifts performing radiated RF testing using automated test scripts.
- An interest in working in a test environment.
- Have a basic knowledge, and a willingness to learn about RF technologies, in particular Bluetooth and WLAN.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
This role will require the successful candidate to contribute to a rotating shift pattern to cover the demand for 24/7 testing. This will include day shifts, evening shifts and night shifts and these may fall on weekends. Shift allowance will be payable to account for these work patterns.