CDI - 1200584_1660821731
£550 - £600 per day
7 months ago
Job title: Engineering Manager
Rate: £550 - £600 per day inside ir35
Security clearance at DV level is required for this role
I am recruiting an Engineering Manager for a client of mine who are an IT systems Integrator operating within the UK defence sector.
- As the post holder, you will be responsible for the on-site Technical management of key 3rd and 4th Line Support teams of circa 10 people in a secure environment (the teams are a mixture of architects, integrators and technical support staff).
- Reporting into the SDM and liaising with the Solution Owner, Security Assurance Manager, Project Managers and other team leads, as required.
- The ley elements of the role are to ensure all technical support activities (patching, fixes and changes) are carried out in accordance with local engineering process and procedures.
- The post hold will also manage the spread of knowledge within the team and organising the team's availability, to ensure a sufficient and consistent level of technical support is available when needed.
- Demonstrable experience of team leadership and people management skills.
- Extensive experience of prioritising, coordinating and delegating tasks.
- An understanding of the high level of engineering discipline and rigour required when delivering/supporting IT solutions in a highly secure environment.
- Sound appreciation of the technologies involved in the solution (particularly windows server and virtualised environments and some WAN awareness).
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply, please feel free to reply to this advert or call me on 01737 821029 or 07766 512829