£525 - £600 per day + Inside IR35
5 months ago
6 months +
SC Engineering Manager
*6 month contract
*£525 - £600 a day
My Client has a requirement for an Engineering Manager in our Air Traffic Management portfolio of programmes. You will be responsible for managing a multi discipline team in the delivery of software releases of the Intelligent Approach ATM product. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the development of software releases for a product with a ground breaking road map and a pipeline of international work. Applicants must have proven track record of engineering leadership in software domain and ideally have a software development background. Applicants must also have current SC clearance.
*Responsible for the management and timely completion of all engineering activities, for a release, within the agreed cost and schedule.
*Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team and are responsible for ensuring that the engineering process has been followed to maintain compliance to software assurance standards.
*Act as the release focal point for engineering design, implementation and test decisions and agreeing product design decisions with the Product Owner.
*The position requires knowledge and application of the software engineering standards, principles and best practices.
*The successful candidate will be responsible for the engineering activities throughout the release life cycle, from kick off through to operational deployment.
- Experience of systems engineering, software development, integration and test
- Experience of the complete project life cycle from bid through to operational delivery
- Knowledge of procedural and object orientated software development languages (e.g. C, C++ & Java)
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems and scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code and container technologies (e.g. Puppet, Docker)
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail please send your updated CV and I will get in touch.