CDI - 1173427_1648201128
Up to £75000 per annum
8 months ago
Job Role: Environments Manager
Location: Hampshire (Hybrid working available)
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Salary: £75k plus 10% bonus and £5,700 car allowance
Security Clearance: Candidates must be willing and eligible to go through SC security clearance
I am recruiting an experienced Environments Manager for a client of mine who are an IT systems integrator who operate within the UK defence sector to join the existing Service Team. As an Environments Manager you will join my clients existing Service Team to lead the Governance, Scheduling and Maintenance control activities for multiple secure environments. Including ensuring the currency and security of data stored within the Environments.
- The role shall require that the candidate be able to communicate effectively with other technical and project management departments who shall deliver the physical build and subsequently need to utilise the environments throughout the delivery project into live service. The role will allow a portion of home and office working with the occasional requirement to attend meetings at the customer site.
- The Test Environments shall support all stages of the Delivery Lifecycle from Application Development and data centre build through to integration, system and solution verification and handover to the Customer. The Data centre test environments shall use virtualisation technologies and shall be constructed using automated agile techniques.
- You will be able to demonstrable previous experience of the technologies, governance and change processes required to deliver and manage multiple environments involved in a continuous integration delivery.
- You shall also have practical knowledge of Environment construction, power and cooling requirements, Hardware build, cabling and configuration activities and be able to communicate any risks and issues associated with their implementation within a solution design.
- The role requires day-to-day management of tasks for a small team who will support; capacity management, test and development related to the efficient management of Environments.
- The role requires support and guidance to the 3rdLine Resolver teams in progressing Changes to the Programme solutions through the environments into Production.
- Background in core technologies. (Wintel, Linux, Storage, Networking).
- Demonstrable experience in multiple delivery methodologies such as Agile, V-Model & Waterfall.
- Demonstrable delivery of Environment Tracking and Change Control, Build and Configuration Baselines, backup, recovery and BCDR.
- Demonstrable experience in owning issues and risks surrounding environment usage and planning.
- Review and identify environments related risks and provide mitigation.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management, Change Management and Release Management.
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Subversion.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and DevOps.
- Technical knowledge of secure IT infrastructures, applications and IT security policies and enforcement.
- Experience in supporting secure IT infrastructures.
- Experience in incident resolution and / or system management of secure IT infrastructures.
- Awareness of Agile Working Methodology.
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply please feel free to reply to this advert or call me on 01737 821029 or 07766512829