£28000 - £33000 per annum + see advert
7 months ago
Field Service Engineer
West or North West London
£28,000 - £33,000 + benefits (outlined below)
The Company - Field Service Engineer - West London
An exciting new Field Service Engineer opportunity is now available within a growing organisation specialising in the service, repair and maintenance of medical mobility equipment such as ceiling track and mobile hoists, medical profiling beds, specialist baths and bath lifts and air flow pressure care mattresses.
Training is provided creating a rare opportunity for those with no medical engineering experience to move into the medical field. All that is required is electrical and mechanical fault diagnostic and repair experience and the ability and willingness to learn!
This is an exciting time to join a rapidly expanding company (grown from £2.5m to £4m in the last year) with a reputation for delivering exceptional customer service and high quality work.
The Role - Field Service Engineer - West London
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to);
- Carry out service, repair and maintenance on a range of medical equipment such as hoists, beds, pressure care mattresses, baths, slings, chairs etc.
- LOLER testing/inspection
- Recommend repairs and improvements to the customer and provide details to produce a quotation for prospective work such as replacement of wear and tear parts to avoid breakdowns between service visits and upgrades to improve the functionality of the equipment.
- Complete work reports and input them into the system
- Provide out of hours cover on a call out rota
- Responsible to maintain the company vehicle, its stock and tools as well as your company phone, tablet/laptop in good working order.
- Work closely with the sales team passing any potentially leads on, in order for it to be followed up internally
Working hours are 8am - 4.30pm door to door (40 per week, Monday - Friday) . Work-life balance and flexibility to accommodate your personal circumstances where required can be offered.
Experience and Skills Required - Field Service Engineer -West London
- Electrical diagnostics and repair experience - essential
- Mechanical strip down, repair and reassembly experience - essential
- Experience with plumbing, pipework, water, steam etc. - not essential
- A demonstrable ability to learn new equipment e.g. to have previously repaired more than one type of device.
- Experience and willingness to travel as part of a field based role
- Good customer service skills
- Strong communication both written and verbal
- Someone who is keen to learn
Package and Benefits - Field Service Engineer -West London
- £28,000 - £33,000 basic (increasing to £31-35,000 when promoted to Senior Engineer)
- Hours - 8am - 4.30pm door to door (40 per week, Monday - Friday) - can offer work-life balance and flexibility to accommodate your personal circumstances where required
- On call - 1 in 12 weeks, paid a £25/week retainer plus hourly rate at x1.5 (paid for min 3 hours)
- 31 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Company van (can opt in for private use)
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Structured training programme and progression pathway to a Senior Engineer role
What happens next?
This is a great opportunity to work for a forward thinking, strategic organisation who can offer growth and development!
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application. Should your CV be suitable a CBSbutler representative will be in touch within 5 working days.